Where to Go in New Zealand
By Liam Naden, About.com Guide
The Bay of Islands
The 144 islands in this Bay are world famous for their spectacular scenery and water sports.
- About the Bay of Islands
- Driving Tours of New Zealand: Auckland to the Bay of Islands
- The Twenty Best Things to Do in the Bay of Islands
- Boat Trips in the Bay of Islands
Discover the wonderful winterless north and it's beautiful beaches and coastline.
- About Northland
- Cape Reinga: The Northernmost Tip of New Zealand
- Mangonui: More than Just Fish and Chips
Auckland is the largest city in New Zealand. It is a great place to spend some time in for its scenery, attractions, culture and nightlife.
- Auckland Region Guide
- About Auckland City
- Auckland Accommodation
- Auckland Airport
- Auckland Beaches
- Auckland's Best Shopping Areas
- Auckland Viaduct Harbor
- Auckland Wine Region
- Driving Day Trips from Auckland
- Islands of the Hauraki Gulf
- South West Auckland
- Titirangi, Waitakere, West Auckland
- Waitakere Ranges, West Auckland
Bay of Plenty
The Bay of Plenty is a beautiful part of New Zealand with long sandy beaches and mountain ranges. It is also renowned for its sunny climate and range of attractions and activities.
- About the Bay of Plenty
- Bay of Plenty Map
- Mount Maunganui
- Best Cafes and Cheap Eats in Tauranga
- Whakatane: Capital of the Eastern Bay of Plenty
- White Island: New Zealand's Most Active Volcano
- White Island: Geological Wonderland
- Best Dining in and Around Whakatane
- Ohope Beach: East Coast Bay of Plenty Beach Resort Town
Eastland (East Cape)
Eastland,also called East Cape, is as the name suggests the most eastern part of New Zealand and the first to see the sun each day. It has some of the most beautiful scenery in the country.
- About Eastland (East Cape)
- Gisborne: New Zealand's Most Eastern City
- Opotiki: Gateway to the East Cape of the North Island
- Gisborne Wine Region
- East Cape – Opotiki to Gisborne (Coastal Route), Part I
- East Cape - Opotiki to Gisborne (Coastal Route), Part II
From South of Auckland to South of Taupo in the North Island is the Waikato Region.
Central North Island
The central plateau of the North Island is part of the Pacific "Ring of Fire" and has active volcanoes, geothermal activity and lakes and rivers.
The south island is famous for its lakes, mountains and other spectacular scenery. Here are the highlights on where to go on the South Island.
- Christchurch: Garden City of the South Island
- Driving Tours of New Zealand: Christchurch to Queenstown via Wanaka
- Marlborough Wine Region
- Mount Cook Village: Visit the Region of New Zealand's Highest Mountain
- Queenstown: Outdoor Adventure Capital of New Zealand
New Zealand Wine Regions
Visit one of the several wine regions located throughout New Zealand and sample some world-class wines.
Why not include in your trip to New Zealand a visit to one of the many beautiful Pacific islands right on our doorstep.