Plan Your Trip to New Zealand - New Zealand Travel Planning Guide
By Liam Naden
- New Zealand Travel - What to Know Before You Go
- When To Go
- Trip Ideas and Suggested Itineraries
- Accommodation Information
New Zealand Travel - What to Know Before You Go
Read this section when beginning your travel plans to New Zealand
- Introducing New Zealand
- New Zealand Facts
- New Zealand Prices - What Does it Cost?
- Advice on Planning Your Trip
- How to Get Around New Zealand
- Transportation and Flights
- Health and Safety
- Telephone and Internet Information
- Maori and Unique New Zealand Words Explained - New Zealand Travel Glossary
- Naturism in New Zealand
- New Zealand School Holidays
- New Zealand Tide Forecast
- Weather in New Zealand
- New Zealand Maps
- New Zealand World Records and Firsts
When To Go
What to expect in New Zealand throughout the year.
Trip Ideas and Suggested Itineraries
Plan your trip using these ideas and itineraries for some of the most beautiful parts of New Zealand.
- North Island Highlights
- South Island Highlights
- Great Driving Trips of New Zealand: North Island
- Driving Day Trips from Auckland
- Driving Tours of New Zealand: Auckland to the Bay of Islands
- Driving Tours of New Zealand: Bay of Islands to Cape Reinga
- Driving Tours of New Zealand: Auckland – Rotorua - Taupo
- East Cape – Opotiki to Gisborne (Coastal Route), Part I
- East Cape - Opotiki to Gisborne (Coastal Route), Part II
- Driving Tours of New Zealand: Christchurch to Queenstown via Wanaka
General information about how and where to stay in New Zealand.
- Backpacker's Guide to New Zealand
- Freedom Camping in New Zealand
- Spaceship Campers: A Self Drive Alternative for Your New Zealand Holiday
- Where to Stay: North Island
- Where to Stay: South Island
Tips and information to help you save money on your trip to New Zealand.
- Cheap New Zealand: Tips for Cheap Travel in New Zealand
- Cheap Bus and Coach Travel in New Zealand
- Cheap and Bargain Airfares in New Zealand
Travel Books and Guides
Books and other useful resources on various aspects of touring New Zealand.
- Crafty Girls' Road Trip, by Ann Packer
- The Great Kiwi Motorhome Guide, by Jill Malcolm & Bill Savidan
New Zealand Travel Glossary
Maori is an official language of New Zealand and it is used widely in place names and other aspects of society. Here are some explanations of words you may encounter in your travels through New Zealand.