What to See and Do in New Zealand
By Liam Naden
Have fun in New Zealand's outdoors - there's plenty to choose from.
- Sailing and Boating
- Skiing, Snowboarding and Winter Sports
- Swimming and Beaches
- Walking and Hiking in New Zealand
North Island Attractions
North Island has many attractions, make sure you don't miss out anything during your stay.
- North Island Highlights
- Towns and Cities
- Regional Guides
- Driving Tours and Itineraries
- Northland Attractions
- Auckland Attractions
- Coromandel Attractions
- Bay of Plenty and East Cape
- Central North Island Attractions
- Lower North Island Attractions
South Island Attractions
Lakes, rivers and the magical Southern Alps - the South Island is a truly wonderful place!
Entertainment and Nightlife
New Zealand features world class entertainment. Use this guide to find what suits your taste.
New Zealand Wine
Discover New Zealand wine, regarded as some of the best in the world.
- New Zealand Wines and Wine Regions: General Information
- North Island Wine Regions
- South Island Wine Regions
Dining and Restaurants
Information about Dining and Restaurants in New Zealand
- General Information on Food and Dining in New Zealand
- North Island Regional Dining Guide
- South Island Regional Dining Guide
History and Culture
Since the arrival of the British explorer Captain Cook in 1769, New Zealand has become a truly multicultural society. Learn about the native Maori people and the fascinating history of the many cultures which make up New Zealand.
- Art and Music
- Maori History and Culture
- New Zealand Historic Buildings
- New Zealand Museums
- Unique New Zealand
Events and Festivals
There is always something going on in New Zealand including music, wine, food, sport and agricultural events. Maori and other cultural festivals are also well worth visiting.